About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Prayer

I composed this prayer for the workers at the request of my supervisor.

God of Humanity,
You make us ever mindful of the need for creative expression in our work and our lives. Continue to form our understanding of creative labor. Transform the minds and hearts of those who guide our trainings for safe labor practices. Enable those who we encounter on a daily basis to be open to hearing of the challenges we your children are facing. Remind us of our own responsibility to speak against the injustices done to your people-the Body of Christ here on earth. Help us, as we continue to struggle for the dignity and worth of all your children.
We ask this in your name, through the redemption of Jesus Christ your son, and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

1 comment:

Laura @ Mothering Spirit said...

Beautiful prayer. Shot-through with wonderfully Genevieve language - I especially love the part asking God to remind us of our responsibilities. Wow! We should pray for that more often...

And: YOU-WHO-DO-THROUGH! Amen. AB would be proud. ;)