About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

continuing...?


The Abbey Bell Banner on a Sunday morning after a BEAUTIFUL rain!

Well, I have settled back into my own regime. I love change, crave diversity and still would like to some sense of consistency with the change as well. Many people know that I love movies (that is a bit of an understatement), and since I was on the move most of the summer I think I only watched 3 movies on DVD. I went to the theatre twice. In an effort to regain a sense of normalcy I have been constructively procrastinating all weekend. I went and rented 6- yes, that is right, six movies. All were great choices, and their variety was astounding. I picked out two movies with subtitles-Spanish. Almost Black, Dark Blue is a great movie-I highly recommend it!

So, while I am certainly settling back into life here in Minnesota, I am also trying to figure it all out. In a previous post I wrote about my need to maintain some of the urgency and desire to continue working in the field of worker justice. I would most likely qualify this as a call- but there is still a need to discern, set some perimeters, and to also be fully present and engaged in my life here in Minnesota. One way that I am able to do this, well continue this trend is that yesterday, before I went to the movie store, I went to the Farmer’s Market here in St. Joe.

It seems that most of my final year will continue to be balancing who I am with the reality of any choices, decisions I will be making. In order to do this, apparently I will need to rearrange and prioritize my goals.

2 comments:

Our Dearworthy Mother said...

Hey, speaking if movies -evidently, my neighbor actually owns a copy of "This is Spinal Tap"! Don't know about the Spanish sub-titles, tho. At any rate, we should have a movie night soon : )

Muse-ical Mystagogue said...

It's a little crazy thinking about the fact that this is your last year.

I'm glad I got to be around for one of your three years. :) :) :)