About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tomorrow...updates....

My week is wrapping up very quickly. Due to poor timing, since every single person in the greater Phoenix area seems to go on vacation during the summer, we were unable to secure enough people to go on our delegation for the pray in tomorrow afternoon. Having said that, I will be participating at the picket line tomorrow with the other workers. We are going to show our support with some other workers who are on strike. They are painters. Their claims of injustice are just as horrific as the GWE workers.
As I look back to this adventure-this time in my life I do wonder how I got here. I don’t think that this occurred by accident-rather, I think it was through very deliberate choices that I made in my life. I think that I can look very specifically to the time right after my divorce as the time where I began to live with deliberate existence. I became much more aware of political scene, what I eat, what I buy and how I try to engage in the world around me.
As I went through my childhood I heard from my parents over and over that they just wanted me to be happy. At the retreat that I went to last weekend, I was reminded about the importance of words. There is a something more important than being happy-joyous is a much more inclusive-encompassing term. I can certainly identify with joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please know that you and your brothers and sisters who are praying with the workers involved will have at least a little company. If you can make just a few more people aware of the injustices that many marginalized workers have to endure today just to survive, you will have accomplished not only what you set out to do, but also God's will. As a person who knows first-hand the advantages of having a union to belong to, please impart my solidarity with the strikers. Jesus would understand that many employers only want to exploit humans as commodities for their labor, a modern form of chattel property. These marginalized workers are not afforded basic human rights in many cases, much less the rights spelled out in Rerum Novarum. Our current governmental administration has done everything within its power to break unions that it possibly could do. By your presence and prayers, you are probably inspiring hope for some of these people and exercising a positive and active ministry that is true to both the word and intent of the Gospel. Peace.