About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Friday, April 11, 2008

April's eventualities...


Metanoia, change, conversion... what does change mean in my life? How do I experience change? I forget some times about what April signifies in my life. I have come to know so many great and wonderful people in my life. April I find is a time that I seem to be most open to forging new relationships, and also seem most willing to begin to negotiate the hard pace of saying goodbyes. Life will continue to change drastically-yet not uexpectedly however. Kristi, my roommate will graduate and find a fantastic job. Many of the people that I began the degree program with will be graduating as well, Nick, Nick, Jigga, Lauren, Timothy, Paul, Judy, just to name some. These people are all moving on to the next phase and beginning new endevors. It is certainly an exciting time. John Mark, is getting ready to graduate and move to Benini, Africa to begin working for the Peace Corp in July.

Metanoia, change, conversion, these words all bring about the reminder that we as children of God are called to bring about this change. Conversion is to be a part of our daily life. I saw great hope and conversion this week throughout the world as I saw people protesting the cruelties raged against the people of Tibet, and those without power in China. I find all of the protests incredibly inspiring. I find that when I sit back and refuse to allow myself to participate in the life around me, I get stifled, depressed, distracted. When I do participate, I am invigorated, energized, and ready to be the change I demand!

Enjoy the day- enjoy the thoughts- demand the change!

1 comment:

RevolutionMe said...

you're going to have to get photoshop so you can combine our pictures when we can't take our pictures together all the time.