About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Days Go By


Days continue to move. I continue to be sick. Ick! What I have learned from this latest bout with illness is that I am not a good patient. I took a test this morning. One of the realizations that I have come to is how much I enjoy academia, and how inconvenient this illness has become. The test went well, and I think I did ok-in general. I was not able to go to my class this afternoon however.

I spent the afternoon sleeping and watching the movie Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. I forgot until I was watching the movie how connected I feel to this tragedy in our nation's history. It is a great depiction from the side of the American Indian perspective. I feel that the great men of the Sioux Nation were fairly portrayed. Red Cloud and Sitting Bull were the two last "great" chiefs of this time.

After this post, I will be specifically addressing questions that I encounter from some reading in my classes.

No comments: