About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Service



Service means to be of purpose-to have intent in an every day pursuit. I ensure that I am of service to others through my commitment to prayer for personal service. By maintaining my own personal relationship with the Divine, I am able to be a more effective human. I find that I am more giving, more thoughtful, deliberate, and careful. Joy and optimism seem to also stem from personal service of prayer. Service also means that after care for self- I seek to be of help to those around me. I do this most effectively by finding a subject that I am passionate about, and committing myself to the project. While I continue to work on this CPE, I continue to find myself more and more drawn to this work. There have been some downs, but certainly more inspirational ups throughout. Granted, it has been only 3 weeks, but I find this service to be some of the most rewarding work I have ever done.
I make sure that I am of service to others by continually reevaluating my own personal philosophies. I reevaluate how I spend money, who I spend time with, and what I do with all my gifts and talents. The question then begins to transform to “What do I do?”
I make the commitment to my community because I feel very strongly that there are ways that I am called to be of service. I will continue to participate in different activities, and community organizations until these aspects of life are no longer relevant.

1 comment:

RevolutionMe said...

I'm all about service, but sometimes I'd rather sit at guads and drink 'ritas with you.