About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

days...

I am back in Nebraska for Christmas. In my time here- I have been back since the 18th, I have had many laughs and have shed some tears as well.

My family, I think is a close one. We spend time together and enjoy these moments of life and energy wit hone another. I have enjoyed a certain kind of warm connection with extended family as well. Most of my family lives in North Dakota. Every summer growing up, we-the Nebraskans would drive up to North Dakota for vacation. We would play with cousins, have camp outs, and really, just enjoy our time. My oldest cousin was Michael. We found out today that he died in a hunting accident yesterday, but wasn't found until today. MIchael is a beautiful man with three equally beautiful and talented children. He was the oldest of 7 children.

During the season of waiting- I ask for your continued prayers as his family waits to gather together for his funeral.

Peace

1 comment:

Julia said...

I'm sorry to hear this and for your loss, G. You and your family are in my prayers, especially as we journey towards the crib at Christmas. Much peace, friend.