About Me

My photo
I am a woman who is trying to continue to learn how to be a better person. The purpose of this blog is to help me to articulate my personal response to the world. This blog will allow for reflection, insight, and authentic understanding.

Friday, February 6, 2009

walking...



The white is startling right now. I spent the morning and early afternoon at a retreat, and it got up to 40 today so I decided to spend some time outside. I was an absolutely gorgeous day!!! I wanted to make sure that I walked on the lake- Lake Sagatagan at some point this winter. I ventured out there for the first time first semester of the 2007. My friend Laura went with me. This year my friend Natalie went. We had a great time. It was amazing to venture out across the lake, to walk where just four to five months ago I had swam in the crisp cool refreshing water.

There is a good thick ice right now. But, we couldn’t really get a clear view of the ice except for where the ice fishers had been. There is so much snow over every inch of the lake. It is gorgeous.

We walked across the lake to the Chapel of Stella Maris. One picture show the chapel, and the other is of the main stain glass window. It is a hidden treasure. During the other three months, it is a good trek (not really a walk, but less intense than a hike) through the dense forest to get to the chapel.

The retreat focused on the idea that we are ministers in transition. We (those who atteneded) are getting ready to graduate with our degrees, and hoping to go out and face the world, the depth of looking for ministry in many different avenues and hoping to embody the message of Christ and his justice.

No comments: